If you are reading this it's probably because you are pregnant or possibly just gave birth and are seeking more information about the physical changes that your body is experiencing during your pregnancy and/or postpartum. Likely, you are trying to separate fact from fiction pregnancy. Well good!!!!
Happy to hear that you are actively engaged in your development and recovery.
What is a Pelvic Health Physical Therapist?
A Pelvic Health Physical Therapist is a licensed professional with specialized training in the movement sciences and a pelvic floor health specialty. The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that attach to the pelvic bone to form a pretty sturdy hammock. These muscles supports our pelvic organs, including the bladder, rectum, and reproductive organs.
TOP REASONS YOU SHOULD SEE A PELVIC FLOOR THERAPIST:
1. To understand the physical changes that are occurring during and after pregnancy.
2. To get help remaining as pain free as possible during pregnancy and to help you enjoy the pregnancy and have a less complication during delivery.
3. To learn ways to manage pain, prevent movement disorders, stretch marks and loss of core control.
4. To learn effective & safe pushing techniques, birthing positions and techniques to reduce vaginal tears and/or damage.
5. To be on top of your bowel and bladder function. Understand how the pelvic floor works and be familiar with signs and symptoms so you don't worsen possible conditions such as; constipation, urinary leakage, stress incontinence, or pelvic organ prolapse to name a few.
6. To learn breathing strategies to help you stay connected to your pelvic floor and core musculature. Because they are connected.
7. To "Prehab". Learn strategies you can do immediately postpartum to improve function and recovery time.
8.To establish care and familiarize yourself with a therapist so you have a practitioner you can trust to be there for your recovery journey.
Don't hesitate to contact us.
At Little Antz Physical Therapy, we pride ourselves in educating moms. We also provide the following services;
Permission to use copyright image from Pelvic Guru, LLC pelvicguru.com